KAOL K-8 Approved Dress Code
All students are required to wear KAOL shirts every day. It is strongly recommended that parents label their child’s uniform clothing – particularly sweatshirts and jackets – so they can be returned to the child if they are lost.
Students are to wear dark solid blue, black, or gray jeans, shorts (appropriate length), skirts or pants. . Athletic shorts and sweatpants may also be worn if they are the appropriate solid color blue, black or gray.
During cooler weather, students may wear long-sleeved shirts under their uniform shirt, and tights or leggings. These items must be solid white, black, blue, red, or gray.
A KAIS polo uniform shirt is required to be worn Monday through Wednesday. Students may wear a KAIS polo short, team, club, or spirit shirt on Thursdays only. All shirts must be KAIS shirts that have been approved by administration to wear to school.
During cold weather, all students may wear a heavy coat over their uniform shirts when they are outside the classroom. Sweatshirts worn over Academy t-shirts must be Academy logo sweatshirts. Students may not bring blankets to school in place of a jacket.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. For safety reasons, students must wear closed-toe shoes with a back.
- Hats and sunglasses may not be worn in the classroom, or inside any school building.
- Clothes should be clean, neat and acceptable.
- Unhemmed cut-offs, shorts w/split sides or short shorts.
- Pants or shorts with holes
- Patches, jewelry or printing emphasizing drugs, tobacco, alcohol, sex or profanity.
- Baggy or oversized pants/jeans. Pants should be worn at the waist, with no undergarments visible, and no excessive or inappropriate holes.
- Tight/stretch-fabric pants (i.e. Nike Pro, Spandex Shorts, or Spanx).
The principal will determine if a student is not in compliance with the uniform policy. Our uniform policy is designed to promote an effective learning climate, increase safety, foster student unity and pride, and eliminate label competition among students. Students who are not in approved clothing will be given the option to call home for clothes to be brought to school OR given loaner clothes to wear for the day. These clothes are KAIS shirts , plain black sweats, or black shorts.